1. Processed food is all about time saving, millions of pounds are spent every year on this food that manufacturers pump out every year. Such is the methods that are used the overall quality, of the finished product, mostly tends to be very low nutritional wise. This is one of the reasons why when you are eating processed food, you tend to feel far more hungry than you would do if you are eating fresh prepared food, the reality of this time difference is marginal when preparing fresh food.
Fresh food in comparison tastes a lot better, processed food tends to taste very bland. A lot of food stores that sell pre-packaged frozen processed food, have now jumped on the health craze in order to cash in on healthy eating. But then again this all tends to lead to misleading information on the packaging. It may be the case that the particular product is low in fat, but it also may be the case that it might have tons of sugar in order to compensate for this.
Have more money in your pocket
2. Processed food tends to be a lot more expensive than it’s healthy counterpart. If you think about the logistics of this here is why, when you’re eating food that is full of artificial additives, and no nutritional value, you’re bound to eat more of it. Here’s something for you to do, go out and compare fresh food to processed food and see how much difference there is you, might be surprised at what you find some processed food is quite cheap admittedly but that’s no reason to eat it.
3. When food is processed a lot of the nutritional value is lost in the process so added synthetic vitamins and minerals are added in order to make the shortfall. The only problem with this is that they are nowhere near as good as their original counterparts so in a way you’re cheating yourself yet again. As we said previously when you don’t get the correct vitamins and minerals from your food, you will tend to eat more and because of the very nature of the food, you’re eating your more likely to gain weight. You see manufacturers can say packed with fortified vitamins but as we know they are no good.
Where is it ?
4. Where is it indeed everything that should be in processed food isn’t, on a scale of one to 10, I would say that the nutritional value of processed food is about one That is being generous to say the least. Have you ever noticed on the back of the packet all the preservatives e numbers etc. What on earth do they mean will they do you harm are they good for you what exactly are they for, the problem with this is no one knows except the manufacturers.
Is it alive!
5. I would say almost definitely not all the living enzymes and/or bacteria that can be good for you isn’t in processed food, and I dare say that phytochemicals probably aren’t there as well, which are important factors when it comes to free radicals in your body for these phytochemicals soak up free radicals in your body which prevent diseases.
Is it worth investing in?
6. When you buy this food you’re encouraging more being spent on it so therefore keeping it alive. If less people spend more money on fresh fruit and vegetables then more money goes towards making more of it and advertising it.
Not needed additions.
7. Processed food tend to have tons of chemical additives which are no use whatsoever to you or your body, things are added like artificial coloring and preservatives, so the food will last longer these have no use to you whatsoever, for all you know these could cause harm without you even knowing.
8. This type of particular food can have all sorts of strange odds and ends added during processing one particular example of this is sausages say or hot dog sausages to be more specific they can contain something called edible offal, i. e. different parts of the animal like ears.
9. It’s a well-known fact that fat and sugar are as addictive as heroin and cocaine they stimulate the same receptors in your brain that make you feel good. This is what’s known as a dopamine high, manufacturers all too well know that. These substances are highly addictive that is why processed food does have a lots of hidden sugar and fat, so as to make it addictive and also enhance the taste.
Listen to old advice
10. Can you remember when you were younger and your parents told you to eat more vegetables well guess what they were right.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1119918