If your kids love chicken nuggets, you should consider trying this recipe. After tasting this, you’ll surely find it hard to go back to the frozen nuggets you usually buy. These gluten-free chicken nuggets are incredibly crispy. Dip them in sour cream horse radish sauce, and your kids will surely love them.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
Makes: 4 to 6 servings
3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
½ cup gluten-free all purpose flour mix
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 large egg, whisked together
½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon gluten-free Italian herb seasoning
1 cup crushed gluten-free panko flakes
¼ cup canola oil for frying
¼ cup olive olive oil for frying
- Place the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Pound them using a meat mallet until they are about ¼ inch thick.
- Use a sharp knife and cut the pounded breasts into 2-inch strips. Then, cut the strips into 2×2 inch nuggets.
- Have 3 8-inch baking dishes ready. Use the first dish to combine the gluten-free all purpose flour mix, pepper, salt and seasonings.
- Using the second dish, combine the olive oil and the egg. Whisk them thoroughly.
- Using the third dish, combine the grated Parmesan cheese and the gluten-free panko flakes.
- Coat the chicken strips in flour mixture. Then, dip them in the egg and olive oil mixture. Lastly, coat them with Parmesan cheese and panko flakes mixture.
- Place the chicken strips on a large baking sheet which is lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate the nuggets for about 30 minutes before frying them.
- Using a large heavy skillet, heat the canola oil and olive oil mixture over medium high heat.
- Add in the chicken nuggets and cook for about 4 minutes until golden.
Since this is a gluten-free recipe, always make sure that the tools, pans and utensils are also gluten-free. Plus, don’t forget to read the labels. Some manufacturers change the formulation of their products without notice.